Thursday, March 12, 2009

Open House: What Will the Parents Think of the Blog?

Tonight is Open House. I had students (well those that have returned their permission forms) write a comment on our blog for their parents. I am also going to have a post where the students can "teach" their parents how to blog. When they "teach" them, their parents will have an opportunity to make a comment to their child.
I am a bit nervous about what the parents might say. I hope they see the value of the blog. I have one parent who has said she doesn't want her child to participate in the blog (and I am not sure why, given her current job position). It scares me to think that other parents might see it and say, "I don't want my child doing this." I hope that if they do think that, they will come to me so that we can discuss this. I have seen students say, "Can I blog? I am done with my work." For some students, they say this and I am shocked. It is the first time I have seen them work hard on something-they want to blog.
Well, conference time is over. I will let everyone know the responses I get.

1 comment: