Sunday, April 19, 2009

This Week

This week began our figurative language study. In the past we had only answered questions over a book we have read. I wanted the students to use the blog to "publish" their writings and what they have created (or for some think they have created). Even though the response isn't like it was in the beginning, I am still okay with it. I have seen students want to create things so they can publish it. My next step is to have them maybe read what others are writing and then make positive comments. I am happy with what they are doing with it.

I was worried that the students wouldn't be as excited once I started to see their comments before they are published, however I was wrong. They are now more excited because they want to see if I accept what they wrote. For the most part they are, I have had many teachable moments with them as well discussing each comment and what corrections might need to be made.

It is also a great way for me to "police" the blog-I don't have to keep rereading to see if there is something new. It just shows up on my dashboard.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, that is such great news! I am glad to hear that the students are working hard so they get a positive response from you. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete